Monday, March 31, 2008

Update...

This past week was looking bad until I was able to salvage some good running days. These included a fast 3.1K, though untimed, another hard 5 mile run, 8 miles on a very windy day (by the way, why is it that meteorologists can predict the direction of the wind, including changes of direction, every day and still manage to forget to highlight that, "though the winds will be blowing in from the south, at precisely 2:33 in the afternoon tomorrow, the winds will eerily shift to blow from the north just in enough time for the last 4 miles of Charles' run; at which point winds will return to blow from the south bringing in the warm air - just after Charles' run), and then another 5 mile easy run. It is this week that needs to be the final tune up prior to shifting gears into steady speed for consecutive weeks - 6 precisely. One final note, I may have the weather playing games with me, but at least I don't have dogs chasing me down. In fact, I passed a pitt bull on my run and it just looked at me. I am not bragging, and certainly not in spite of AJMac's recent and frequent brushes with death, but I should say... nah, nah, nah, nah (with tough sticking out and hands wide against my ears like a ten point buck - I will probably now get mauled on my next run).

1 comment:

AJMac said...

You're tempting fate, for sure. That pit bull was taking notes and strategizing for next time.

I know what you mean about the wind. It's worse on the bike. Every once in a while I have one of those rides where the wind is constantly in my face, and I wonder how it got there.