Saturday, March 29, 2008

Spring is here! almost.

Tuesday's weather was exactly what my body had been waiting for for the last two months. During the day the temperature had creeped into the 60's at times. At night it was still temperate, with an absolutely clear sky, moderately humid, and on a Tuesday night, there was noone out driving. Perfect. When I left the house around 8:30, I had been planning on a longish run, maybe 8 - 10 miles; see what my ankle and my lungs were up to. As I ran down 1A though, I felt great and decided to try another 5K race pace. I came back to the house after 21' 51". That's still a far cry from 18' 59", but a 7'17" split is enough inspiration to last me, ohhh.... I'd say at least through next week. Slowly, but surely, I'll get there. It's just that, unfortunately for me, this is a race that does go to the swift, and the strong.

The rest of the week was uneventful, and it snowed yesterday.

Monday: 4.7 miles easy
Tuesday: The best running day I've had in a long, long time.
Wednesday: 6.5 miles easy
Thursday: 4.7 miles
Friday: 4.7 miles
Saturday: nothing yet, I slept in.

2 comments:

AJMac said...

If you keep trimming 23 seconds off your 5k each week, you'll win this competition for sure

AJMac said...

My bad: That's 23 seconds per mile! At that rate you'll be in the low 19's next week!