Thursday, March 13, 2008

In the Spirit of Accountability...

This blog was started so that the three of us, NotsoflashGordon, AJMac and CGB, can track each other's running, keep each other accountable, which I also believe means encouraging, and prevail with 18:59 5K races or better. So, in the spirit of accountability, here are two posts in one:

It is great that NotsoflashGordon has been running and even trying to fit workouts in between meals and meetings. I know that it can be tough once you have eaten (see next paragraph) and it can destroy your motivation for the next days run. Provided you did, starting with a nice leisurely stroll is a great way to beat the dulldrums. AJMac, your running and biking is trememdous. As we all know, we can break down the essentials of running and getting faster and even chronicle what we think works best. But, in the end, it is all about the legs and AJMac will have strong legs from both running and the bike.

My schedule has been as follows:
Tuesday - 13 fartleks over 10 miles; 15 sets of floor workout (What I learned: I cannot outrun cars)
Wednesday - 4 mile stretch run in morning; 12 sets of floor workout; 5 miles of speed intervals in the evening (1 x 800, 4 x 400, 4 x 200, 6 strides) (What I learned: I do not have the speed, but I have my strength and endurance coming back so at least I can withstand the intervals - no matter how slow)
Thursday - 8 mile easy run (What I learned: Read the blog first and I would have learned the "easy way" what NotsoflashGordon learned the "hard way" - I still haven't digested the blackened grouper sandwich with fried potato chips and leftover french fries.)
Friday - will be a long-run hopefully followed by an easy stretch run on the weekend to close out a 40+ week.

Today during my 8 mile "grouper sandwich run", I did not wear a shirt so that I could soak in the warm rays. I thought the chicks were checking me out, until I realized that they looked more sick than I did. It then dawned on me that I probably looked like I hadn't digested the grouper sandwich. Then, I came to the sad realization that I always look like I haven't digested my "grouper sandwiches".

No comments: