Friday, March 7, 2008

In Florida...

The first half of the week had me preparing to go to Florida - cleaning the house, doing laundary, making sure my tasks at work are completed, etc. As I result, the house and the office are in order, but I hardly got any sleep. And I definitely, didn't get any running in. So, the first day down in Florida, yesterday, I went for a 7+ mile run. I think at least 7.5 miles, but not sure. Then, I did six sets of push-ups and 11 core exercises. Good workout. This morning, I woke up early, but after the kids and got a tough 12.5 mile run in. I took water and GU and ran out to the bay and back. The back included constant 20+ mph winds in my face. I ran it in 1:41. Not too bad considering I have only run one 10+ mile run inthe past 4 months. So, to round the day out, I did three sets of push-ups and three sets of core for my "floor workout".

I need to make one comment about Florida. It is very flat. (That will be great for speed if it weren't for jumping from 30 degree weather straight into humid 80 degree weather.) The flatness, and the straightness do not provide a lot of variety. So, I am so glad that I got to experience something I have not seen for years - a 40+ year-old woman (I think) with a mullet smoking a cigarette before 7:00 in the morning. She said "hi", but I think that it sounded more like Anthony Hopkinis in Silence of the Lambs. Some people (like me) like the road for breakfast, but there are also cigarettes...

No comments: