Monday, September 15, 2008

Why Does a Great Week Have to End That Way?

For the last few weeks, I have been consistently getting good, quality runs in. I have been packing on the miles and getting faster and stronger. I have been recovering well and therefore, running well. It has been fun as evidenced by my desire to build each week. Enter last week.

My mother was visiting, so I had already projected that I would be in bed late and awake late; I would feel bad going out for runs while my mom was hanging at home; I would just easily find the whole week a good excuse to let the week drop. Instead of these things, I was up early everyday and got in good sold runs for the third or fourth consecutive week. I continued to run well, putting in good times, more miles and an impressive long-run:

Tuesday: 5 miles moderate
Wednesday: 4 miles fast
Thursday: 9 miles in 1:03
Friday: 3 miles easy
Saturday: 6 miles moderate
Sunday: 15 miles in 1:59 including 8 repeats up long and steep hill

However, just as things seem to continually go well, Donovan McNabb fumbles the ball late in the fourth quarter and the Cowboys score a touchdown to take the lead. Then, just when I think the Eagles can pull off the upset, anyway, McNabb decides he does not want to run for the first down leading to an impossible 4th down and the Cowboys win. This sucks. I need to go for a run and clear my head.

No comments: