Sunday, September 28, 2008

Another Test...

In five minutes, I leave for a half-marathon in Wilmington, MA. It is called... the Wilmington Half-Marathon - original. I have been putting in quite a bit of distance runs lately, which would seem contrary to the purpose of getting faster in the 5K. I should say, however, that I notice my legs and my engine are definitely stronger. I think this is strengthening the base on which my 18:59 will come this year. I do not want to lose site of the 5K, though, so today I will put together another test - I want 1:35 in the half-marathon. I would like to do that by putting in a 20:00 final 3.1. Realistically, I probably won't get it, but if I set the goal, and reach for it, then I should be able to approach it, right? We'll see...

In preparation, I have already run 33 miles this week, with a couple of off days.

Monday - 15 miles - 1:50
Tuesday - 5 miles - medium
Wednesday - 8.3 miles - fast - 0:58
Thursday - rest (worked too long of a day)
Friday - 5 miles - easy
Saturday - rest

So, what could be better - the Red Sox are going to the play-offs, the Phillies won the division, Penn State won convincingly last night over #22 Illinois and the Eagles should win their third game tonight against the Bears (hopefully). Seems like a good day to go racing... except for the constant down pour that has been flooding the streets for the last two days and is to continue through tomorrow morning.

No comments: