Sunday, September 21, 2008

Congrats to CGB

CGB is really putting on a training clinic. He's racking up the miles and layin' out the blistering times. The relay sounds like fun. 65 minutes for a very hilly 9.3 miles is very impressive. My 19:12 is in serious jeopardy once CGB turns his attention back to short speed work.

I continued to save my knees by cross-training last week, doing both my speed work and my distance work on the bike, running the middle-distance workouts, and mixing in a swim. As I get closer to my next race date, October 11, I'll need to get back on the track. But for another week or so, I'm enjoying the variation.

Sunday & Monday: rest (too busy)
Tuesday: swim 1/2 hour; run 5m
Wednesday: run 3m tempo
Thursday: ride intervals, 10 x 1/2 mile (26 mph), 1/2 mile (16 mph)
Friday: run 5m
Saturday: ride 32m

No comments: