Monday, September 8, 2008

Great Weight Loss Program...

On Saturday, I went for a long run (planned 13 miles) at around 1:45 in the afternoon. What was I thinking? The temperature was 80°C and the humidity was ~100%. It felt like I was running through a swimming pool or a bathtub, only there were no rubber duckies floating in the air. It was so humid and hot, that my sweat left a trail on the ground. It was a good thing I didn't rob a house; the cops would have been able to stop by the Dunkin' Donuts (or Starbucks - it is Andover), then still be able to follow the trail because the moisture in the air would have prevented any attempt at evaporation. Believe me, I am not exaggerating; every step felt like I just put my feet down in a puddle after a torrential down pour. (I know, I know. Disgusting, but I never claimed to be a romantic). At any rate, it was so hard and slow, that I cut it short and ran only 12 miles. On the plus side - I lost 7-8 lbs. only to drink from the garden hose to replenish the fluids.

Here are that stats for last week:

Monday - 5 miles moderate
Tuesday - 4 miles moderate
Wednesday - 8.3 miles in 57:27 (the last 3.2 miles in 20:17)
Thursday - 4 miles fast
Friday - rest
Saturday - 12 miles
Sunday - 6 miles easy-moderate
TOTAL = 39 miles

It was a good week. I would love to say that I am ready to build on that this week, but my mom will be visiting all week, so no guarantee. I will keep you posted.

No comments: