Sunday, October 19, 2008

This Week is the Next Step...

I tired my legs out this past week, though I only ran 35 miles. I did quite a bit of speed work by mixing in fartleks, intervals, and hills, and then had time for some distance, too.

Tuesday - 10 miles - fartleks and hills
Wednesday - 5 miles - fartleks, while pushing a double stroller
Thursday - 8 miles - easy, while pushing a double stroller
Friday - 7 miles - fartleks and hills
Saturday - 5 miles including 800, 2 x 400, 4 x 200 (@ 86 second) while pushing a single stroller

I had fun and motivation during my intervals on Saturday. There were this pre-pubescent boys riding their bikes around the track and when they saw I was trying to run fast, they raced me. I beat them - every time.

Anyway, I rested today and tomorrow will put in a solid run with an easy stretch run on Tuesday. On Wednesday, I am going to try to run a 5K in Wakefield, MA. This race is held every week. I will use this a tune up to learn what things I should fix. Work is hosting a 5K fun run on Friday. I will race that to get a little more experience under my belt and then go for the gold at another race later in November (yet to be determined).

Thank you for checking in.

No comments: