Tuesday, October 21, 2008

TaDa!!!!!

I'm back. (pause for the low, muffled groan of the reader.) Yes, after my long hiatus due to failure to remember the password for this blog post, I return to the literary forum properly and formally known as 'Eighteen Fifty Nine'. Alas, it would take quite a bit of time (more than you have, I'm sure) to explain what I've been up to for the last several months. However, suffice it so say that I have been training for this little friendly race against the clock.

There is no doubt that if I were to run a 5K tomorrow, my time would be nowhere near 19:12 or 19:16, and I'm positive that running 13 consecutive miles or completing a duathlon with a competitive time is out of the question for me right now. However, my training regimen has also taken quite a different shape over the last several months than it was originally. I've begun to approach the 3.1 miles from the speed side of things; only to be expected from a sprinter, I suppose. It's actually working, though. I've whittled my 1-mile time down to 6:30 and my 2-mile time down to 13:10. Obviously, at this pace, I'm not even close to breaking 19 minutes. However, it's a far proverbial cry from the 21 minutes at which I started.

This is not to say that I'll have a shot at breaking 19 minutes before the end of December. Although, I'll take what improvement I can. Basically, all I've done for the last couple months are a lot of plyometrics, some core exercises, push-ups, pull-ups, and running 4 miles at a time six days per week.

Also, my calorie intake, I think, has doubled. Or at least, it seams like I'm eating a lot more. I don't even care any more what I eat, as long as it's edible. It could be a carrot stick or a bacon-double-cheeseburger............ (mmmm... bacon-double-cheeseburger). Sorry, 'got distracted there for a second. I've always had a pretty fast metabolism, but this is becoming ridiculous. I can't eat fast enough any more. I'm always hungry. I seldom used to eat mid-night snacks. Now, I frequent the fridge or cupboard at 11pm or 2 in the morning because my belly woke me up for breakfast a few hours too early.

Actually, it's late and I should get to bed so I can get up in time for my fourth meal. 'more about my running times and training later.

No comments: