Thursday, October 30, 2008

The delinquent post.

Firstly, congratulations to CGB. You're achievement truly sets you apart from the crowd. Also, I wouldn't worry about Marathon Man. If he didn't want or intend to be beaten, he should have stayed home. Now it's your turn, Mac.

As my posts are few and far-between as it is, and they are about to disappear once again for a spell, I'll try to make this as comprehensive as possible. I run four miles every day but Sunday. The first two miles are a warm-up run. The last two miles are timed at race pace. My current two-mile time is hanging around 13:10. If I'm feeling good when the four miles are over, I'll stay out for another two miles to cool off. Otherwise, I just run around the block a couple times.

In addition to running, I've also started quite a few speed drills on Monday, Wed, and Fri. They go as follows: 100m fartleks, 100m high knees run, 100m sideways run (for each side), and 100m lunges. This took me a while to get used to because I'd never trained with both a race-pace run and speed drills on the same day.

Every morning, I do 50 situps and 50 pushups, 2 min of leg lifts and 1 min of superman, and then eat breakfast. Every night, I do as many situps and pushups as I can before I get tired, then eat dinner. Consequently, breakfast and dinner are the best meals of the day.

On Sunday and Monday evenings, I play pick-up basketball.

Unless something happens during the week so that I don't get home until late at night, my schedule hasn't really varied too much from that. We'll see how it goes in the next couple months.

2 comments:

CGB said...

Great to hear from you again. What is a superman?

AJMac said...

Gordon is a Superman. You didn't know that?