Monday, October 27, 2008

A New Goal that is the Same...

Last week, I wrote about how I ran a Wednesday night weekly 5K and ran it in 18:37. They just posted the results on Coolrunning.com and the actual name listed is "Mystic Runners Weekly 5K Fun Run". The night before the race, I ran 6 miles. I did not get a chance to get out the next night, but ran 5 miles on Friday during lunch, including the company 5K. I ran that in 19:18. My legs were tight and tired. I ran six miles on Saturday night and took Sunday off. Including my warm-up miles, I ran 22 miles and did no floor exercises.

With that week, I now realize that I need newly defined goals (two to be exact) that are geared to toward the same old thing - 1) I need to finish out my weeks smartly and strongly in order to finish out a strong year. I do not want to sacrifice the work and progress I have made, but rather, I want to build on it in 2009. 2) While still working hard, I want to ensure that I can duplicate my results from Wednesday night. I want another sub-19:00 5K, preferably, sub-18:50, to be confident that I did not just run under 19:00, but that I am a sub-19:00 runner.

And a note to Mac. Thank you for your encouragement. Now, it is your turn. Remember, this was never a competition, rather we let our competitive natures motivate us. With that, come and get me. I know you can - prove me right.

No comments: