Friday, August 21, 2009

Finally, Some Good Weeks...

Over the summer, I have not been very consistent with my training. It is quite a shame since the weather was not very hot or humid until August. Now, I am trying to catch up. Yet, in catching up, I have had two very good weeks... finally.

Week of August 3 - Total 50 miles
Monday - 3 miles easy
Tuesday - 6 miles, including 6 fartleks
Wednesday - 12 miles
Thursday - 3 miles easy (though pushing the stroller)
Friday - 7 miles, including 2 x 800, 3 x 400, 4 x 200, all at 1:26 1/4 mile pace
Saturday - 4 miles easy (though pushing the stroller)
Sunday - 15 miles, including 8 x hill repeats

It felt very good to put in the miles and to make them quality miles. So, I tried to followed it up with another strong week.

Week of August 10 - Total 44 miles
Monday - Rest
Tuesday - 5 miles
Wednesday - 10 miles
Thursday - 4 miles easy
Friday - 10 miles, including 3 x 800 (1:28 pace), 3 x 400 (1:26 pace), 3 x 200 (1:24 pace)
Saturday - 15 miles
Sunday - Rest, though Isabelle and I hiked a mountain

On Monday - Wednesday, I biked into and from work (10 miles round trip). The biking did not necessarily tire me out, but it was the first time I added those to running miles, with speed. Factor in the 10 miles on Friday that included the track work, and you can probably guess that I died at around 11 miles on Saturday. I gutted it out, but the end of that run stunk.

Well, I will try to keep you informed of the next week. Thank you for keeping up with this blog.

No comments: