Sunday, July 13, 2008

9000 Feet in my Mind...

AJMac is at 9000 feet. I am at 100 feet (or somewhere around there); but, I am at 9000 feet in my mind. I am so excited to see AJMac, Mrs. AJMac, little AJMac and NotsoFlashGordon in Colorado. I know that the altitude is going to kill me, but I am so freaking psyched - it isn't even funny - WOOO HOOO!!!! I fly in four days. I have laundry to do, packing to organize, sleep to catch and more miles to run prior to my flight. AJMac guarantees we will do several trail runs and see God's country from above. So, in preparation, I have put in a solid week of running and will strive to continue. My legs need to be strong, my lungs and heart need to be efficient and I need to not embarass myself on the trails. With that, let me chronicle what I have done this past week:

Tuesday: 6.5 miles of medium running
Wednesday: 6.5 miles (1 x 1200, 1 x 800, 1 x 400, 1 x 200, 6 x 100S)
Thursday: 4.5 miles of medium running
Friday: 4.5 miles (6 LS, 4 x 100S)
Saturday: 10 miles (pushing a double stroller - yes, there were some stops involved)
Sunday: Rest (did you read about the double stroller?)

I also started up the floor workout again late in the week, with two days of pushups (3 sets) and situps (2 sets).

I have been trying to get to bed earlier this past week so that I can have a more productive day. I am used to crashing at the end of a day and struggling through the night only to get to bed later than I would like and wake up tired. This week, it is about getting to bed early in order to be more productive in the morning. That means... good night...

P.S. I have been reading over previous blogs and am utterly embarassed and deeply apologetic for my poor grammar, sentence structure and general use of punctuation. George W. and I are jump starting a new dialect, apparently.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Okay, CGB, but next time you have to come run in the Cascades- and bring your wife with you, too! then you can truly decide which mountain range is God's country and which one is, well, decent :)