Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Photos of the duathlon


Changing shoes in the transition zone. I lost some time on this transition, as I couldn't get one of my cycling shoes buckled.

On the bike.

Settling in for a straightaway.



Coming into the final transition. As you can tell from the expression on my face, I was in a lot of pain at that moment, and was happy for the bike leg to be over. Just after this picture was taken, I fishtailed as I slammed on the brakes, trying to stop before the stop line at the edge of the transition zone. I was right on top of it before I saw it.

Finishing. The only reason those two guys behind me didn't catch me down the stretch was that Mrs. AJMac (behind the camera, here) was jumping up and down, yelling and screaming at me to finish strong. Hoping to avoid the shame of choking in front of my wife and daughter, I dug a little deeper.

No comments: