Friday, April 17, 2009

First Race and I Am Off and Running...

Sorry for the pun.

Tomorrow morning is a five mile race. It is my breakout into the season and will get my race juices flowing. I expect nothing out of it except to feel the competition and the course. I have been working on my general fitness and cardio conditioning - lots of core work, pushups, running, spinning and even basketball once a week. This routine, however, has not had miles and miles of running. I expect that to come soon - especially once tomorrow's race fires me up.

And if tomorrow's race does not fire me up, then surely, going to see the Boston Marathon on Monday will. I have several friends who are running and I am psyched to cheer them on. I regret not running with them, but maybe I will come away wanting to qualify and working hard at it.

As for the 40 minute 10K, marathon training with speed work and lots of tough hill repeats will help me get there.

I will fill you all in later about how I felt during tomorrow's race.

No comments: