Monday, November 3, 2008

Another Bounce Back Week...

If you remember reading, I have recently hit a few stretches when something prevents me from a comprehensive, full week of training and then I bounce back with a good strong week. Mostly, the pressure of not losing the effects of the work put in is my overwhelming motivation. Thus, I knock out three speed work days, a long run of sorts, and a 6-day week. Well, the last two weeks followed this paradigm. Two weeks ago, I only got in a few days running. This past week:

Monday - 3 miles fast
Tuesday - 8 miles with fartleks
Wednesday - 4 miles medium
Thursday - 5 miles fartleks, including hills
Friday - 5 miles including 2 x 800, 3 x 400 (@ 83 sec)
Saturday - 13 miles, including hills
Sunday - rest
TOTAL = 38 miles
It is now important for me to have success and progress early this week - some floor exercises, speed, hills, and distance - so that I can taper to a potential 5K race this coming Sunday morning. If I do this race, it is the one that I target to confirm my previous time. I will keep you posted.

No comments: