Sunday, May 4, 2008

Good Strong Week, Finally...

As I promised, here are my stats for this week. I logged 37 miles, but just as important, if not more important, I have worked in speed, hills and endurance. Now, if I can keep this up and build my mileage, I should see some real results. The plan is to try to build on the past week in the upcoming days. Hopefully, I can do this by duplicating the following effort and working in an extra easy, stretch run. Then, if all goes to plan this week, the next week I will run a local 5K in the evening as a baseline race. Note that all intervals are done at 6:00 pace (equivalent to 90 seconds/400 meters). I need to increase the speed in order to work down to 19:00, but there is time to build that strength and speed.

Tuesday: 8.5 miles including 2 x 1200, 2 x 800, 2 x 400, 2 x 200 and 6 x 100 strides
Wednesday: 4 miles easy, stretch run, including one big hill
Thursday: 7.5 miles including 2 x 800, 4 x 400, 4 x 200 and 6 x 100 strides
Saturday: 6 mile medium tempo run (pushing one of the kids)
Sunday: 11 miles good pressing pace (not sure of time) including four long hills

No comments: